Contributors

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Robin Hood

I was terribly excited about this more historically accurate portrayal of the earliest libertarian story I've ever heard.

I was not as excited at the end of the movie.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad they showed him as the man who stood up to a tyrannical government, as opposed to the income class warrior that our culture has made him out to be.  But this theme was so subtle, you probably didn't notice it unless you were looking for it.   The most stirring, emotional scenes were all in the previews, and some parts were outright corny or unrealistic (like nearly naked teenagers riding horses onto a battlefield of knights).

I don't want to spoil it for you, but this is not going to end up on my list of best liberty movies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers