But just out of these options:
1- Robots killing all the humans
2- Small pox/ebola or some kind of virus killing us
3- Gray Goo
4- Israel bombs Iran and starts WWIII
5- Computers are used in the future to control everyone
6- Runaway global warming killing us
7- The singularity taking too long to happen
They've made movies about 4 out of the 7 (that I know of).
I'm a #7 guy, like Peter Thiel, because I know that if I can imagine amazing technology that would eradicate hunger, extend lives, and help us colonize space, then the stuff I can't even imagine yet must be so much more awesome. When I describe the time in the future when our current problems don't exist, my sentence tends to start with "If we don't kill ourselves first." The Singularity has to happen before we blow ourselves up.
The one I'm least worried about? #6.
New issue of Econ Journal Watch
-
Volume 23, Issue 2, September 2026 In this issue: “China shock”
fragility: According to David Autor, David Dorn, and Gordon Hanson (2013),
the “China sho...
1 hour ago
No comments:
Post a Comment